- March 13, 2016
Roasted Butternut Squash And Turnips Recipe.
This cheerful side dish would be great for anyone who likes roasted squash but wants it with a little more savory and a little less sweet. The turnips add just a little bit of bite, but they’re mellowed out by the roasting and the spices. And the tartness of the cranberries also gets toned down a lot by roasting the, so they don’t even need any honey or other added sweeteners to make them tasty.
- 1 butternut squash, peeled and chopped;
- 2 small turnips, peeled and chopped;
- 1 cup fresh cranberries;
- 1 cup pecans, coarsely chopped;
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon;
- 1/4 tsp. allspice;
- 1/4 tsp. nutmeg;
- 2 tbsp. olive oil;
- fresh parsley, to garnish;
- Preheat your oven to 400 F.
- In a large bowl, combine the butternut squash, turnip, cinnamon, allspice, nutmeg, olive oil and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Toss the squash and turnips until well-coated with the oil and spices.
- Spread the vegetables on a greased baking sheet, and place in the oven.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 25 to 30 minutes.
- Remove the baking sheet from the oven. Add the cranberries and pecans and toss everything.
- Return to the oven and cook for another 15 minutes.
- Serve sprinkled with fresh parsley.