- Preparation time
- 30 mins
- Cooking time
- 45 mins
- 4 people
- April 26, 2016
Party Waffles Royal.
A classic recipe from Betty’s 1964 “The Bisquick Cookbook,” this twist on chicken-and-waffles will make any midday meal feel like a party.Print
Party Waffles Royal
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/4 cup Original Bisquick™ mix
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 2 cups milk
- 2 cups cut-up cooked chicken
- 2 cups Original Bisquick™ mix
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 1/2 cups whole-berry cranberry sauce, warmed
- Start by preparing Creamed Chicken. In 3-quart heavy saucepan, melt butter over low heat. Blend in Bisquick mix and seasonings. Cook over low heat, stirring until mixture is bubbly. Remove from heat. Stir in milk. Heat to boiling, stirring constantly. Boil 1 minute, then stir in chicken. Keep warm while making Waffles.
- In medium bowl, beat Waffle ingredients together with rotary beater or hand mixer until blended. Pour batter from cup or pitcher into center of hot waffle maker (greased if necessary). Close waffle maker. Bake until steaming stops, lifting finished waffle off carefully with fork.
- To serve, arrange 2 waffle sections with creamed chicken on top. Serve hot with warm cranberry sauce on the side.