- Preparation time
- 40 mins
- Cooking time
- 70 mins
- 8 people
- May 20, 2016
Chicken Pot Pie with Biscuits.
Simmer a filling of tender vegetables and juicy chicken chunks, bake with flaky biscuits on top, and wow them with a dinner they’ll devour!
Chicken Pot Pie with Biscuits
- 1 tablespoon butter or margarine
- 1 cup chopped onions (2 medium)
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons chicken bouillon granules
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups Progresso™ chicken broth (from 32-oz carton)
- 1 cup milk
- 2 large baking potatoes, peeled, cubed (about 3 cups)
- 1 cup julienne (matchstick-cut) carrots
- 1 bag (12 oz) Green Giant™ Steamers™ frozen cut green beans
- 1 can (16.3 oz) Flaky Layers refrigerated buttermilk or original biscuits
- 2 1/2 cups cubed cooked chicken
- Heat oven to 350°F. In 4-quart saucepan, melt butter over medium-high heat. Add onions; cook 2 to 3 minutes, stirring frequently, until tender. Stir in flour, bouillon, thyme and pepper until well blended. Gradually stir in broth and milk, cooking and stirring until bubbly and slightly thickened.
- Stir in potatoes, carrots and green beans. Heat to boiling, stirring occasionally. Cook 8 to 10 minutes, stirring frequently, until vegetables are crisp-tender.
- Meanwhile, separate dough into 8 biscuits. Using rolling pin, roll each biscuit into a 4-inch round. Cut each round into 6 equal wedges; set aside.
- Stir chicken into vegetable mixture; return to boiling. Remove from heat. Into each of 8 ungreased 10-oz custard cups or ramekins, spoon about 1 cup mixture. Place 6 biscuit wedges around edge of each, overlapping slightly and leaving hole in center for steam to escape.
- Bake 20 to 25 minutes or until vegetables are tender and biscuits are golden brown. Let stand 5 minutes before serving.