- Preparation time
- 35 mins
- Cooking time
- 35 mins
- 10 people
- April 11, 2016
Crispy, Juicy Oven Fried Chicken Drumsticks Recipe.
In an ideal world, we’d eat fried chicken every day. After all, is there anything more delicious than tender meat and crispy, spicy skin? Only problem— it is SO not good for us! That’s why we’re so excited by this recipe from Divas Can Cook. She’s taking fried-chicken and baking it in the oven for oven-fried chicken with all the taste of the regular kind and far less of the fat and calories. Check it out!
- 3.5 lbs fresh chicken drumsticks
- 2 tablespoons salted cajun seasoning (I use Old Bay)
- Liquid smoke
- 1 cup flour
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 eggs
- 2 (5 oz) bags seasoned croutons, crushed (I crushed them in food processor)
- 3 tablespoons melted butter (optional)
- parsley (optional)
- Preheat oven to 425 F.
- Grease the racks of a large grilling pan and set aside.
- Generously season chicken legs with cajun seasoning.
- Douse chicken with liquid smoke. Set aside.
- In a shallow dish, mix together flour and cornstarch. Set aside.
- In a large bowl mix together eggs. Set aside.
- In another shallow dish, add crushed croutons. Set side.
- With one hand place the chicken in the flour mixture.
- With the other hand, coat the chicken in flour and shake off excess.
- Place the chicken in the egg mixture and coat with the egg.
- (Be sure to use one hand for the dry ingredients and the other for the wet ingredients to keep from clumping)
- Shake off the excess egg and then place the chicken in the croutons.
- Cover with croutons, being sure to pat them on so that they stick better.
- Place coated chicken on the grilll pan.
- Repeat until all of the chicken is coated.
- Baked for 30 minutes. (may need more or less time depending on thickness)
- optional Brush chicken with melted butter and sprinkle with parsley.