- March 14, 2016
Ground Beef Tacos Recipe.
To follow up with a delicious use for some Paleo tortillas, here’s a basic taco recipe that you can adapt almost endlessly to suit your personal tastes. As long as you’ve got your taco shells and meat ready, the choice of toppings is practically unlimited. Go traditional with bell peppers, salsa, and onions, or branch out with fruits: some melon salsa would be a great way to add an original twist, or what about mango? Avocado? Pineapple? Of course, if you tolerate dairy, some melted cheese on top never goes wrong, either.
- 2 lbs. ground beef;
- 1 tomato, diced;
- 1 green bell pepper, diced;
- 1 onion, diced;
- 1 cup shredded lettuce;
- Homemade salsa;
- Melon salsa; (optional)
- Your choice of other toppings; (optional)
- Fresh cilantro, for garnishing;
- 1 tbsp. chili powder;
- 1 tsp. ground cumin;
- 1/2 tsp. paprika;
- 1/2 tsp. dried oregano;
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder;
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper;
- Stirring frequently, brown the ground beef and onion in a skillet placed over a medium heat for 8 to 10 minutes or until the beef is cooked.
- In a bowl, combine all the ingredients for the taco seasoning and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Stir the taco seasoning in with the meat. Reduce the heat to low, and let everything simmer for 10 minutes.
- To assemble the tacos, layer the beef mixture, shredded lettuce, tomatoes, and bell pepper (or whatever other toppings you’re using) in each taco shell.
- Serve with your choice of salsa.