- March 12, 2016
Spicy Beef And Bok Choy Recipe.
Ready to mix up your beef and broccoli for a bit? Try bok choy: it’s one of the underappreciated stars of the brassica family, full of Vitamin C, folate, and other good stuff – it even has a small but appreciable amount of calcium. In terms of taste, it’s very mild and almost sweet, and ready to take on the flavor of whatever you cook it with.
- 2 lbs. beef sirloin, thinly sliced into strips
- 12 heads baby bok choy, cut in half lengthwise
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 2 tbsp. fish sauce
- 1 small piece fresh ginger, minced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 5 dried red chiles, halved (optional)
- 3 tsp. coconut oil
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Season the beef to taste with sea salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Warm the coconut oil in a large skillet placed over a high heat.
- Add the ginger, garlic, and chiles (if using).
- Stir-fry until fragrant, about 1 minute.
- Add the beef and cook for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Transfer the beef to a bowl.
- Add the onion to the hot skillet and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add the bok choy and cook until soft (3 to 4 minutes).
- Return the beef to the skillet, add the fish sauce to the pan, stir to combine, and serve warm.