- March 12, 2016
Spicy Beef And Bok Choy Recipe.
Ready to mix up your beef and broccoli for a bit? Try bok choy: it’s one of the underappreciated stars of the brassica family, full of Vitamin C, folate, and other good stuff – it even has a small but appreciable amount of calcium. In terms of taste, it’s very mild and almost sweet, and ready to take on the flavor of whatever you cook it with.Print
Spicy Beef And Bok Choy Recipe
- 2 lbs. beef sirloin, thinly sliced into strips
- 12 heads baby bok choy, cut in half lengthwise
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 2 tbsp. fish sauce
- 1 small piece fresh ginger, minced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 5 dried red chiles, halved (optional)
- 3 tsp. coconut oil
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Season the beef to taste with sea salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Warm the coconut oil in a large skillet placed over a high heat.
- Add the ginger, garlic, and chiles (if using).
- Stir-fry until fragrant, about 1 minute.
- Add the beef and cook for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Transfer the beef to a bowl.
- Add the onion to the hot skillet and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add the bok choy and cook until soft (3 to 4 minutes).
- Return the beef to the skillet, add the fish sauce to the pan, stir to combine, and serve warm.