- Preparation time
- 20 mins
- Cooking time
- 60 mins
- 8 people
- May 29, 2016
Veggie Frittata Breakfast Sandwiches.
Brunch? Create tasty sandwiches stacked and layered with veggies, cheese and eggs.Print
Veggie Frittata Breakfast Sandwiches
- 1 can refrigerated classic pizza crust
- 3/4 cup shredded Italian cheese blend (3 oz)
- 1/2 cup finely chopped kalamata olives
- 1 bag (11.8 oz) Green Giant™ Seasoned Steamers™ frozen Mediterranean blend
- 6 eggs
- 6 teaspoons basil pesto
- 2 large roasted red bell peppers (from a jar), cut in half, patted dry
- Heat oven to 400°F. Spray 8-inch square (2-quart) glass baking dish with Crisco® Original No-Stick Cooking Spray.
- Unroll dough on large cookie sheet; press dough into 16×8-inch rectangle. Cut into 8 squares; do not separate. Top 4 of the squares with 1/4 cup of the cheese and 1/4 cup of the olives; press into dough. Bake 12 to 16 minutes or until edges are golden brown.
- Meanwhile, microwave frozen vegetables on High 5 minutes. Cool 3 minutes; coarsely chop. In large bowl, beat eggs, remaining 1/4 cup of the olives and 2 teaspoons of the pesto with wire whisk until well blended. Stir in vegetables; pour mixture into baking dish. Bake 22 to 25 minutes or until eggs are set. Top with remaining 1/2 cup of the cheese. Cut into 4 squares.
- To assemble, separate bread into 8 squares. Spread 1 teaspoon pesto on bottom of each untopped square. Top with one frittata square, one roasted red bell pepper half and olive-topped bread square. Cut each sandwich in half diagonally.