- March 22, 2016
Zesty Marinated Bacon-Wrapped Shrimp Recipe.
These lucky shrimp get a double flavor boost: a spicy, lemony marinade to bring out that fresh-from-the-ocean seafood flavor, and then a bacon wrapper for some delicious contrast. It’s like serving a seriously upgraded shrimp ring – and it’s not even much more effort. The shrimp need a couple hours of marinating to really get the flavor in, but they’re easy to put in the fridge a few hours before a party and then take out to quickly bake when the festivities are about to start.
- 16 shrimp, peeled and deveined;
- 8 slices of bacon, cut in half;
- 1/4 cup olive oil;
- 1/4 cup lemon juice;
- 1/2 cup red onion, minced;
- 1 garlic clove, minced;
- 1 tbsp. minced fresh parsley;
- 1/8 tsp. hot pepper sauce; (optional)
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper;
- In a large bowl, combine all the ingredients for the zesty marinade.
- Stir in the shrimp, cover and refrigerate for 4 hours.
- Preheat your oven to 450 F.
- Wrap each shrimp with half a slice of bacon.
- Cover a baking sheet with parchment paper, and place the bacon-wrapped shrimp on it.
- Bake in the oven for 20 minutes, or until the bacon is crisp.