- Preparation time
- 35 mins
- Cooking time
- 35 mins
- 4 people
- April 22, 2016
Steakhouse Cheddar Burger with Warm Bacon BBQ Sauce.
We added steak sauce to the burgers and bacon to the barbecue sauce for a steakhouse cheddar burger that raises the bar at your next barbecue.
Steakhouse Cheddar Burger with Warm Bacon BBQ Sauce
- 1 lb ground beef sirloin
- 1/4 cup steak sauce
- Salt and fresh ground black pepper
- 4 thick slices Cheddar cheese
- 4 thick slices bacon, chopped
- 1/2 large onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon packed brown sugar
- Salt and fresh ground black pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup ketchup
Bacon-Onion BBQ Sauce
- Heat gas or charcoal grill. In large bowl, mix beef, steak sauce, salt and pepper. Shape into 4 patties; set aside.
- In 8-inch skillet, cook bacon until browned. Add onion, brown sugar, salt and pepper; cook about 3 minutes or until onion is cooked. Stir in ketchup; cook 1 to 2 minutes. Remove from heat. Transfer sauce to bowl; cover and set aside.
- Place patties on grill over medium heat. Cook about 5 minutes on each side or until meat thermometer inserted in center of patties reads 160°F. Top with cheese; cook 1 minute longer.
- Place patties on bottom halves of buns. Top with warm bacon-onion BBQ sauce; cover with top halves of buns.