- March 24, 2016
Cranberry Apple Stuffed Pork Loin Recipe.
With a savory outside and a sweet, baked stuffing in the middle, this recipe is a satisfying end to a long winter day – not to mention proof that you don’t need any kind of bread to make a good stuffing!
- 1 boneless pork loin;
- 1 cup mushrooms, chopped;
- 1 cup apples, chopped and peeled;
- 1/3 cup dried cranberries;
- 1/3 cup walnuts, toasted and chopped;
- 1/4 cup shallots, minced;
- 2 garlic cloves, minced;
- 2 tbsp. pure maple syrup or raw honey; (optional)
- 1 tsp. fresh rosemary, minced;
- 1 tsp. fresh parsley, minced;
- Sea salt and freshly ground pepper to taste;
- Kitchen string;
- Preheat your oven to 325 F.
- Butterfly the roast by first cutting lengthwise about halfway through the roast. Then angle the knife and cut horizontally almost all of the way through, on both sides, and unfold the pork.
- Cover the pork loin with 2 layers of plastic wrap or parchment paper and flatten the loin using a rolling pin or meat hammer.
- In a bowl, combine the mushrooms, apples, cranberries, toasted walnuts, shallots, garlic, rosemary, parsley, salt and pepper to taste, and the maple syrup or honey (if using).
- Spread the mixture over the opened pork loin.
- Roll up tightly and secure the pork with kitchen string.
- Place the stuffed pork loin in a roasting pan and cook in the oven for 1 hour or until the internal temperature reaches 145 F.
- When ready remove the string and serve.