- Preparation time
- 30 mins
- Cooking time
- 10 mins
- 12 people
- February 12, 2016
Double chocolate mousse cake.
Take this double-layer cake to a third level of indulgence by serving with a dollop of double cream.Print
Double chocolate mousse cake
- 175g plain chocolate biscuits
- 85g butter, melted
- 400g dark chocolate, chopped
- 600ml thickened cream
- 1/4 cup coffee-flavoured liqueur
- Cocoa powder, to dust
- Grease a 20cm (base) springform pan. Line base and side with baking paper. Place biscuits in a food processor. Process until mixture resembles fine breadcrumbs. Add butter. Process until combined. Press mixture over base of pan. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, place chocolate in a large heatproof bowl over a saucepan of simmering water. Stir with a metal spoon for 10 minutes or until melted and smooth. Remove from heat. Cool for 10 minutes (see note).
- Using an electric mixer, beat cream and liqueur until soft peaks form. Fold cream mixture into chocolate. Pour chocolate mixture over base in prepared pan. Smooth with a spatula. Cover. Refrigerate for 3 hours or until set. Dust with cocoa. Serve.