- Preparation time
- 90 mins
- Cooking time
- 40 mins
- 8 people
- February 18, 2016
Try your hand at making your own bread.Print
- 2 1/4 cups bread and pizza plain flour
- 2 teaspoons instant dried yeast
- 2 teaspoons caster sugar
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 cup warm water
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 cup pitted kalamata olives, halved
- 2 teaspoons milk
- Sift 2 cups flour into a large bowl. Stir in yeast, sugar and salt. Make a well in the centre. Add water. Mix well to form a soft dough. Turn out onto a lightly floured surface. Knead for 10 minutes, gradually adding remaining flour, or until smooth and elastic.
- Place dough in a lightly oiled bowl. Cover with lightly greased plastic wrap. Set aside in a warm place for 1 hour or until doubled in size.
- Preheat oven to 190°C/170°C fan-forced. Grease a large baking tray.
- Place olives on a plate. Pat dry with paper towel to absorb any liquid. Using your fist, punch dough down.
- Turn out onto a floured surface. Add onions and olives. Knead until combined. Shape dough into a 20cm round. Place on prepared tray. Brush with milk.
- Bake for 35 to 40 minutes or until golden brown and hollow when tapped on top. Stand on tray for 5 minutes. Transfer to a wire rack too cool. Serve.