- Preparation time
- 15 mins
- Cooking time
- 15 mins
- 4 people
- January 17, 2017
Michele Scicolone’s description of family meals has us ready to book a seat on the next flight to Rome.
Failing that, we’ll make these olives, chill a summery rosé, and clear our dance cards in advance of a long, lazy weekend lunch. We suspect we won’t be the only ones.Print
Green Olives with Spicy Bread Crumbs
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- Pinch of crushed red pepper
- 2 cups imported green olives such as Sicilian, drained, rinsed, and patted dry
- 1 tablespoon red or white wine vinegar
- 1/2 cup plain dry bread crumbs
- In a medium skillet over medium heat, heat the oil with the parsley, garlic, and red pepper over medium heat until fragrant. Add the olives to the pan, along with the vinegar, and cook, stirring, until the olives are warm and the vinegar has evaporated, about 3 minutes.
- With a slotted spoon, transfer the olives to a serving bowl.
- Add the bread crumbs to the pan and cook, stirring constantly, until evenly toasted, about 3 minutes more. Toss the olives with the bread crumbs and serve warm.