- Preparation time
- 10 mins
- Cooking time
- 550 mins
- 4 people
- May 19, 2016
Slow-Cooker Salsa Chicken.
Slow cook and savor. Corn and black beans add fiber to this south-of-the-border slow-cooker meal.Print
Slow-Cooker Salsa Chicken
- 12 boneless, skinless chicken thighs (about 2 1/2 pounds)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup Old El Paso™ Thick ‘n Chunky salsa
- 1 can (15 oz) Progresso™ black beans, rinsed, drained
- 1 can (11 oz) Green Giant™ SteamCrisp® whole kernel corn, drained
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- Sprinkle chicken with salt. Heat oil in 12-inch skillet over medium-high heat. Cook chicken in oil about 4 minutes, turning once, until brown.
- Mix salsa, beans and corn in 3 1/2- to 5-quart slow cooker. Top with chicken.
- Cover and cook on low heat setting 7 to 9 hours or until juice of chicken is no longer pink when centers of thickest pieces are cut.
- Remove 4 chicken thighs and cool slightly. Shred 4 thighs to make about 2 cups; place shredded chicken in refrigerator or freezer container for Chicken Burritos (page 73). Cover and refrigerate chicken up to 4 days or freeze up to 4 months. To thaw frozen chicken, place container in refrigerator about 8 hours.
- Sprinkle remaining chicken thighs and vegetable mixture with cilantro to serve now.