- Preparation time
- 15 mins
- Cooking time
- 435 mins
- 4 people
- May 18, 2016
Slow-Cooker Spicy Chicken in Peanut Sauce.
Pass small bowls of dry-roasted peanuts and chopped fresh cilantro to sprinkle over the chicken, and serve with wedges of warm pita bread.
Slow-Cooker Spicy Chicken in Peanut Sauce
- 1 tablespoon olive or vegetable oil
- 8 large chicken thighs (about 3 lb), skin removed
- 1 large onion, chopped (1 cup)
- 2 cans (14.5 oz each) diced tomatoes with green chilies, undrained
- 1 can (14.5 oz) crushed tomatoes, undrained
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/3 cup creamy peanut butter
- 2 cups hot cooked couscous
- In 12-inch nonstick skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Cook chicken in oil about 4 minutes, turning once, until brown.
- In 4- to-5-quart slow cooker, mix onion, diced and crushed tomatoes, honey, cumin and cinnamon. Add chicken. Spoon tomato mixture over chicken.
- Cover and cook on Low heat setting 7 to 8 hours.
- Stir in peanut butter until melted and well blended. Serve chicken and sauce over couscous.