- April 1, 2016
Scandinavian pickled cucumber and salad sandwich.
Open sandwiches make a delicious snack and reduce the amount of bread you’re eatingPrint
Scandinavian pickled cucumber and salad sandwich
- 175g cucumber, very thinly sliced
- 1 red onion, very thinly sliced
- juice 1?2 lemon
- 2 tsp horseradish sauce
- 2 tsp mayonnaise
- 2 tbsp low-fat natural yogurt
- 4 slices German-style dark wholegrain rye bread
- 4 handfuls mixed salad leaves
- 100g smoked salmon
- 1 tsp small capers
- black pepper
- 4 wedges of lemon, to serve
- Mix the cucumber, red onion and lemon juice together and set aside.
- Mix the horseradish, mayonnaise and yogurt in a small bowl or cup.
- Spread each slice of rye bread with 1 tsp of the horseradish dressing.
- Scatter the salad leaves over the bread, then scatter half the cucumber and onion over the salad and drizzle the rest of the sauce on top.
- Now garnish with a little smoked salmon and scatter with the remaining onion and cucumber.
- Add a few small capers, a good grind of fresh black pepper and lemon wedges to serve.