- Preparation time
- 15 mins
- Cooking time
- 135 mins
- 5 people
- May 15, 2016
Salsa Chicken and Rice Casserole.
You can have this six-ingredient meal in the oven in 15 minutes! It’s a Southwestern twist on an old standby.Print
Salsa Chicken and Rice Casserole
- 1 can (10 oz) Old El Paso™ enchilada sauce
- 1 cup uncooked converted white rice
- 1 cup Old El Paso™ Thick ‘n Chunky salsa
- 2 cans (10 3/4 oz each) condensed cream of celery soup
- 1 can (15 oz) black beans, drained, rinsed
- 5 bone-in chicken breast halves with skin
- Heat oven to 325°F. Spray 13×9-inch (3-quart) glass baking dish with cooking spray. Reserve 2 tablespoons enchilada sauce for brushing on chicken. In large bowl, mix remaining enchilada sauce, the uncooked rice, salsa, soup and beans; pour into baking dish.
- Arrange chicken, skin side up, over rice mixture. Cover tightly with foil.
- Bake 1 hour. Uncover; brush chicken with reserved 2 tablespoons enchilada sauce. Bake uncovered 1 hour longer or until chicken is fork-tender, its juices run clear and skin is slightly crisp.