- Preparation time
- 25 mins
- Cooking time
- 60 mins
- 4 people
- February 10, 2016
The Ultimate Valentine’s Day Cookie.
Your sweetheart will be yours forever when you give him or her a batch of these delicious, heart-shaped cookies.
The Ultimate Valentine’s Day Cookie
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 6 drops red food color
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 tablespoons milk or half-and-half
- Heat oven to 400°F. In large bowl, beat 1 cup powdered sugar, the butter and vinegar with electric mixer on medium speed, or mix with spoon. Stir in remaining cookie ingredients except food color. Divide dough in half. Mix food color into one half. (If dough is too dry, stir in milk, 1 teaspoon at a time.)
- On lightly floured cloth-covered surface, roll dough 1/8 inch thick. Cut into heart shapes with various sizes of cookie cutters. Place smaller hearts on larger hearts of different color dough if desired. On ungreased cookie sheet, place shapes about 2 inches apart.
- Bake 5 to 7 minutes or until set but not brown. Cool 1 to 2 minutes; carefully remove from cookie sheet to cooling rack. Cool completely, about 30 minutes.
- In medium bowl, mix all frosting ingredients until smooth and spreadable. Tint with food color if desired. Spread frosting on cookies.