- Preparation time
- 20 mins
- Cooking time
- 90 mins
- 30 people
- February 10, 2016
Strawberry Cream Cheese Heart Cookies.
The subtle strawberry cream cheese flavor is a nice addition to these sugar cookies. Decorating them before you pop them in the oven saves time – no additional frosting or decorating required!
- 1 pouch sugar cookie mix
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 4 oz strawberry cream cheese, softened
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- 1 egg
- Neon pink food color, if desired
- Assorted candy sprinkles
- Heat oven to 375°F. Line cookie sheet with cooking parchment paper.
- In medium bowl, stir cookie mix, flour, softened cream cheese, lemon peel and egg until soft dough forms. Stir in food color to get desired neon pink color. Roll dough 1/4 inch thick on lightly floured surface. Cut with 2 1/2- to 3-inch heart-shaped cookie cutter. Place 1 inch apart on cookie sheet. Decorate cookies as desired by pressing assorted sprinkles into dough.
- Bake 7 to 9 minutes or until light golden brown around edges. Remove from cookie sheet to cooling rack. Cool completely, about 15 minutes.