- Preparation time
- 120 mins
- Cooking time
- 360 mins
- 100 people
- February 10, 2016
Mini Conversation-Heart Cookies.
These adorable cookies are the perfect edible gifts for your favorite Valentines! Package a colorful variety in cute gift bags and pass them out to your family and friends!Print
Mini Conversation-Heart Cookies
- 1 pouch sugar cookie mix
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 egg
- 2 containers Rich & Creamy vanilla frosting
- Pink, purple, yellow, green and orange food colors
- Heat oven to 375°F. In medium bowl, stir cookie mix, butter, flour and egg until soft dough forms.
- Roll dough 1/4 inch thick on floured surface. Cut out approximately 100 cookies with 1-inch heart-shaped cookie cutter, rerolling dough as necessary. Place 1 inch apart on ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake 6 to 8 minutes or until edges are set. Cool on cookie sheet 1 minute. Remove to cooling racks. Cool completely, about 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, divide frosting among 6 small bowls, about 1/3 cup each. Using food colors, tint frosting in each bowl a different color, leaving 1 bowl white.
- Working with 1 color at a time, microwavable small bowl of frosting uncovered on High 8 to 10 seconds or until thin enough to pour.
- Using 2 forks, dip and roll each cookie in melted frosting to cover completely, letting excess drip off. Place on cooling rack placed over waxed paper to catch drips. Repeat with remaining cookies and colored frosting. Let stand at least 3 hours at room temperature until frosting is set. Store loosely covered at room temperture.