- Preparation time
- 75 mins
- Cooking time
- 180 mins
- 40 people
- February 11, 2016
Chocolate Espresso and Cream Cake Pops.
Show your friends and family just how much you care with these Chocolate Espresso and Cream Cake Pops made with SuperMoist triple chocolate fudge cake, candy melts and whipped cream frosting.
- 2 tablespoons instant espresso coffee powder or granules
- 1 1/3 cups water
- 1 box triple chocolate fudge cake mix
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 3 eggs
- 1 container (12 oz) whipped cream frosting
- 1 bag (14 oz) red candy melts or coating wafers
- 1 bag (14 oz) white candy melts or coating wafers
- 1 teaspoon shortening
- 40 paper lollipop sticks
- Decorating Decors candy sprinkles
- red sugar
- 1 large block white plastic foam
- Heat oven to 350°F. Grease 13x9-inch pan with shortening or cooking spray. In small bowl, mix coffee powder and water until dissolved. Make and bake cake mix as directed on box, using oil and eggs and substituting coffee mixture for water. Cool completely in pan on cooling rack.
- Line cookie sheet with waxed paper. With fingers, crumble cake into large bowl. Add frosting; mix well with hands until dough forms. Roll tablespoonfuls of dough into firm balls; place on cookie sheet. Freeze about 15 minutes.
- In microwavable bowl, microwave red candy melts as directed on bag. Stir in 1/2 teaspoon of the shortening until smooth and mixture slightly runs off spoon. Repeat with white candy melts and remaining 1/2 teaspoon shortening.
- Remove cake balls from freezer. For each pop, dip tip of 1 lollipop stick halfway into melted candy and insert stick halfway into 1 cake ball. Place on lined cookie sheet until all sticks are attached. Dip balls in red or white melted candy until well coated; tap off any excess. Decorate with sprinkles, red sugar or opposite color of coating, as desired. Poke ends of sticks into foam block. Let stand until set. Store at room temperature.