- Preparation time
- 40 mins
- Cooking time
- 140 mins
- 6 people
- March 12, 2016
Cranberry And Apple Stuffed Turkey Breasts Recipe.
Cooking a whole turkey can be a massive project – what about just the breasts? That way, you don’t have to worry about cooking light and dark meat in the same oven at the same time, and the amount of food is a little more manageable. This recipe goes to show that you don’t even have to sacrifice stuffing to do it: you can put the stuffing right in the breasts and get on with dinner.Print
Cranberry And Apple Stuffed Turkey Breasts Recipe
- 2 skinless boneless turkey breasts;
- 1 apple, peeled, cored, chopped;
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries;
- 1/2 cup walnuts, chopped;
- 1 cup mushrooms, chopped;
- 4 bacon slices, chopped;
- 1 tbsp. fresh rosemary, minced;
- 1/2 tbsp. fresh thyme, minced;
- Cooking fat;
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper;
- Cooking twine;
- Preheat your oven to 350 F.
- With a sharp knife, butterfly each breast open to lay flat.
- Place each breast between two sheets of waxed paper, and flatten with a mallet.
- In a bowl, combine the apple, dried cranberries, walnuts, mushrooms, bacon, rosemary, thyme, and season with salt and pepper to taste. Toss until well mixed.
- Spread the apple-cranberry stuffing on top of each breast, up to to 1/4-inch from the edge.
- Roll up each breast tightly and tie with cooking twine.
- Season the rolled breasts generously on all sides.
- Heat some cooking fat in a large ovenproof skillet placed over medium-high heat.
- Brown each turkey breast on all sides, 2 to 3 minutes per side.
- Place the skillet in the oven, uncovered, and roast for 45 to 60 minutes.
- Allow the breasts to rest for 5 to 10 minutes before slicing and serving.