- March 20, 2016
Bacon-Wrapped Sausage With Apples Recipe.
Sausages wrapped in bacon are a delicious fatty treat, especially paired with a naturally sweet side of roasted fruits: pick whatever berries you like to give the recipe your own unique spin.Print
Bacon-Wrapped Sausage With Apples Recipe
- 8 good quality sausages (beef, pork, or game meat);
- 8 good quality bacon slices;
- 1 cup of mixed berries;
- 2 to 3 apples, cut into 8 wedges;
- Cooking fat;
- Preheat your oven to 400 F.
- Roll one slice of bacon around each sausage, and tie with cooking twine.
- Melt some cooking fat in a Dutch oven or roasting pan over a high heat.
- Brown each sausage on all sides.
- Place the Dutch oven or pan in the oven and roast for 20 minutes.
- Toss in the apples and berries, and cook for another 10 to 15 minutes.