- Preparation time
- 10 mins
- Cooking time
- 70 mins
- 4 people
- February 15, 2016
Try our osso bucco recipe for a healthy, tender and mouth watering meat stew.
Healthy osso bucco
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 (650g) beef or veal shanks (osso bucco)
- 2 large carrots, peeled, roughly chopped
- 410g can chopped tomatoes with roasted capsicum
- 2 tablespoons fresh thyme leaves
- 400g can cannellini beans, drained, rinsed
- Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add shanks. Cook for 1 to 2 minutes each side or until browned. Add carrot, tomato and 1/2 cup cold water. Cover. Bring to the boil. Reduce heat to low. Simmer for 1 hour or until meat is tender.
- Add thyme and beans. Season with salt and pepper. Cook for 3 to 5 minutes or until heated through. Serve.