- Preparation time
- 25 mins
- Cooking time
- 25 mins
- 4 people
- February 14, 2016
Mini meatball minestrone.
Our mini meatball minestrone makes a simple, healthy meal.Print
Mini meatball minestrone
- 250g extra-lean beef mince
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley leaves
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 large (200g) brown onion, finely chopped
- 1 medium (150g) red capsicum, diced
- 1 (150g) celery stalk, trimmed, diced
- 400g can no-added-salt chopped tomatoes
- 1 1/2 cups salt-reduced chicken stock
- 1/4 cup (110g) dried risoni pasta
- 400g can butter beans, drained, rinsed
- 1/2 cup (60g) frozen peas
- 4 slices toasted Burgen oatbran and honey bread, to serve
- Place mince, parsley and half the garlic in a bowl. Mix to combine. Using 1 heaped teaspoon mixture at a time, roll into 20 balls. Heat oil in a large frying pan over medium-high heat. Cook meatballs, stirring, for 5 to 7 minutes or until browned. Transfer to a plate.
- Add onion, capsicum, celery and remaining garlic to pan. Cook, stirring, for 5 minutes or until onion has softened. Add tomato, stock and 1 1/2 cups cold water. Bring to the boil. Add pasta and meatballs. Cook for 10 minutes or until pasta is tender. Add beans and peas. Cook for 2 minutes or until heated through. Stir in remaining parsley. Serve with toast.