- Preparation time
- 20 mins
- Cooking time
- 25 mins
- 9 people
- February 1, 2017
Delight the family with these healthy turkey mince nachos.
Proudly brought to you by Campbell’s Real Stock.Print
- 8 wholegrain tortillas, cut into 8 triangles
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 brown onion, finely chopped
- 500g turkey mince
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons ground coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon ground chilli
- 500ml Campbell’s Real Stock Beef
- 400g can red kidney beans
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 cup no-fat Greek-style yoghurt
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 teaspoon finely grated lime rind
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 avocado, finely chopped
- 2 tomatoes, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup coriander leaves
- 2/3 cup grated light mozzarella
- Preheat oven to 200C (180C fan-forced). Lightly spray 2 baking trays with oil. Arrange tortilla triangles in a single layer on trays. Lightly spray with oil. Bake for 5-6 minutes or until golden. Cool on a wire rack.
- Meanwhile, heat oil in a large frying pan. Cook onion, stirring, for 5 minutes or until soft. Increase heat to high. Add turkey mince and cook, stirring to break up any lumps, for 3 minutes or until browned. Add ground cumin, coriander and chilli and cook, stirring, for 1 minute. Stir in beef stock, beans and tomato paste and bring to the boil. Gently boil for 10 minutes or until thickened.
- Meanwhile, combine yoghurt, garlic, rind and juice in a small bowl. Season. Combine avocado, tomato and coriander in a small bowl.
- To serve, arrange tortilla chips on a platter. Spoon over turkey mixture. Sprinkle with cheese. Cook under a preheated grill for 1-2 minutes or until cheese melts. Sprinkle with avocado mixture and serve with a dollop of lime yoghurt.