- Preparation time
- 45 mins
- Cooking time
- 25 mins
- 60 people
- February 16, 2016
Chicken mince, lots of vegies and fresh herbs make these sausage rolls something special.Print
Healthy chicken and vegetable sausage rolls
- 1 cup (70g) fresh wholemeal breadcrumbs
- 500g chicken breast mince
- 1 egg, plus 1 extra lightly beaten egg
- 1 zucchini, finely grated
- 1 carrot, finely grated
- 1/2 onion, grated
- 1/4 cup chopped coriander leaves
- 1/4 cup chopped flat-leaf parsley leaves
- 4 sheets frozen puff pastry, just thawed
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- Tomato or sweet chilli or sauce, to serve
- Preheat the oven to 200°C and line 2 baking sheets with baking paper.
- Process crumbs, chicken and unbeaten egg in a food processor until well combined. Place in a bowl, mix well with vegetables and herbs, then season.
- Place 1 pastry sheet on a floured surface and halve. Spoon an eighth of the mixture lengthways along centre of each piece. Fold 1 edge of pastry over and tuck in beside filling, then fold over other side to make a roll, pressing down lightly to seal. Repeat with remaining pastry and filling. Cut rolls into 3cm pieces and cut two small incisions into each roll to prevent splitting. Place on baking sheets, cover and chill for 30 minutes. Brush with beaten egg and sprinkle with sesame seeds. Bake for 25-30 minutes until the rolls are lightly browned and cooked through. Serve with sauce on the side.