- Preparation time
- 10 mins
- Cooking time
- 60 mins
- 30 people
- June 10, 2016
Stuffin’ cranberry muffins.
Stuffing mix prepared then baked in muffin size portions with a cranberry sauce filling adds a new “twist” to your Holiday menu.
Stuffin’ cranberry muffins
- 4 tablespoons (1/2 stick) butter, plus additional for serving
- 1/2 cup diced celery, cut into 1/4-inch pieces
- 1/2 cup diced onion, cut into 1/4-inch pieces
- 1 bag (8 ounces) PEPPERIDGE FARM® Classic Stuffing
- 2 eggs
- 1-1/2 cups turkey or chicken broth
- Cast Iron Cornbread batter (recipe follows)
- 1-1/4 cups whole cranberry sauce
- 2-1/4 cups self-rising cornmeal
- 3/4 cup self-rising flour
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 4 eggs
- 1-1/2 cups buttermilk
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
STUFFIN' CRANBERRY MUFFINS
CAST IRON CORNBREAD
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray 6 (2-1/2-inch diameter) muffin cups with cooking spray; set aside.
- Combine stuffing mix and seasoning packet. Stir in half and half, butter and eggs until all ingredients are moistened. Let mixture stand 15 to 20 minutes, stirring occasionally to help crumb mixture absorb liquid.
- Portin mixture evenly between prepared muffin cups. Make a well in center of each using a tablespoon. Place 4 tsp. cranberry sauce in each muffin.
- Bake 25 to 30 minutes or until muffins are golden brown. Remove from oven and cool in pan 5 minutes. Carefully remove from muffin cups and serve.
- For the Cast Iron Cornbread
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Coat 10-inch cast iron skillet with 2 tablespoons oil. Heat in oven 3 to 5 minutes or until hot.
- Combine all ingredients in large mixing bowl. Pour batter into hot skillet. Bake 30 minutes.