- Preparation time
- 30 mins
- Cooking time
- 80 mins
- 12 people
- May 15, 2016
Chicken Enchilada Mummies.
Halloween fun comes to life with just a squiggle of sour cream in this chicken-stuffed dish.Print
Chicken Enchilada Mummies
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 6 boneless, skinless chicken breasts (about 2 1/2 lb), cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 medium onion, chopped (1/2 cup)
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano leaves
- 1 1/2 cups sour cream
- 3/4 cup chopped roasted red bell peppers (from a jar)
- 1 can (4.5 oz) Old El Paso™ chopped green chiles
- 3 cups finely shredded Mexican cheese blend (12 oz)
- 2 cans (10 oz each) Old El Paso™ enchilada sauce
- 12 Old El Paso™ flour tortillas (8 inch)
- Heat oven to 350°F. Spray 13×9-inch (3-quart) and 8×8-inch (2-quart) baking dishes with cooking spray.
- In 12-inch skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add chicken and onion; cook and stir 4 to 5 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink in center. Stir in cumin, garlic salt and oregano. Cook 1 minute longer; drain if necessary. Pour chicken mixture into large bowl.
- Reserve 2 tablespoons sour cream in small bowl; refrigerate. Into bowl of chicken mixture, stir remaining sour cream, roasted peppers, chiles and 1 1/2 cups of the cheese blend.
- Spread heaping 3/4 cup chicken mixture in center of each tortilla. Roll up tortillas; arrange 8 seam-side down in 13×9-inch baking dish and 4 seam-side down in 8×8-inch baking dish.
- Top each baking dish evenly with enchilada sauce. Sprinkle with remaining 1 1/2 cups cheese. Spray 2 sheets of foil with cooking spray; cover each baking dish with foil, sprayed side down.
- Bake about 50 minutes or until enchiladas are hot. Place reserved 2 tablespoons sour cream in Ziploc® Brand snack bag. Seal bag; cut off 1 corner of bag. Squeeze bag to pipe eyes and mouth on each mummy.