- Preparation time
- 55 mins
- Cooking time
- 10 mins
- Easy Recipes
- 8 people
- February 20, 2016
The ultimate summertime favourite. Buy the freshest seafood you can for this simple platter with three dipping options.Print
- 2 cooked lobsters, halved lengthways
- 2kg cooked prawns
- 500g smoked salmon slices
- Crushed ice, to serve
- Lime wedges, to serve
- 1 cup (300g) whole-egg mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons tomato sauce
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon Coles Brand Ground Paprika
Avocado & lime dressing
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 ripe avocado, halved, stone removed, peeled
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1/4 cup (60ml) lime juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
Roasted capsicum & caper salsa
- 1 red capsicum, halved, seeded
- 200g punnet mixed medley tomatoes, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon baby capers
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- You will need a food processor for this recipe.
- To make the seafood sauce, combine the mayonnaise, tomato sauce, lemon juice, Worcestershire sauce and paprika in a small bowl. Cover with plastic wrap and place in the fridge to chill.
- To make the avocado & lime dressing, toast cumin in a saucepan over low heat for 1 min or until aromatic. Process in a food processor with avocado, garlic, lime juice and olive oil until smooth. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- To make capsicum salsa, preheat a grill on medium. Cook the capsicum, skin-side up for 5 mins or until skin chars and blisters. Transfer to a bowl. Cover with plastic wrap. Set aside for 5 mins. Peel skin and finely chop capsicum. Add tomato, capers, vinegar and oil.
- Place lobsters, prawns and smoked salmon on a platter of ice. Serve with the seafood sauce, the avocado & lime dressing, the roasted capsicum & caper salsa, and the lime wedges.