- Preparation time
- 17 mins
- Cooking time
- 60 mins
- 4 people
- May 9, 2016
Lemon Chicken with Potatoes.
This lemon chicken recipe is easy to prepare and comes together quickly. Simply brown the chicken thighs, toss all the ingredients into a 13×9 pan (our go-to baking dish for every course) and you’re good to go. We love how the addition of fresh lemon makes this baked chicken and potatoes taste fresh, bright and just-right for summer. And the brown sugar adds golden-brown color, and balances the tart lemon flavor with just a tiny bit of sweetness that the kids will love.
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons packed brown sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 package (28 oz) boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 1 lb baby red potatoes, quartered
- 1/2 medium yellow onion, cut into large pieces
- 1 lemon, sliced
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Heat oven to 400°F. Spray 13x9-inch (3-quart) baking dish with cooking spray.
- Meanwhile, in 10-inch nonstick skillet, melt 2 tablespoons of the butter over medium-high heat. In small bowl, stir together brown sugar, Italian seasoning and 1/2 teaspoon of the salt. Sprinkle over chicken thighs.
- Cook chicken thighs in skillet 3 to 4 minutes on each side or until golden brown and crispy.
- Arrange chicken thighs, potatoes, onions and lemon slices in baking dish. Sprinkle with remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Melt remaining 1 tablespoon butter, and drizzle over mixture.
- Bake 30 to 40 minutes or until potatoes are tender and juice of chicken is clear when thickest part is cut (at least 165°F).