- Preparation time
- 20 mins
- Cooking time
- 15 mins
- Easy Recipes
- 6 people
- March 19, 2016
If you’re having a sweet craving, sometimes having something sweet with your main meal is the perfect way to satisfy it: you get the taste, but it’s not in a snacky or dessert food with a lot of nut flour and Paleo sweeteners. This recipe is a perfect one to try out for that – yes, there’s pineapple, but there’s also ginger and garlic and the savory pork tenderloin to balance it out and add some protein to the mix.Print
Pork and Pineapple Stir-Fry Recipe
- 1.5 lbs. pork tenderloin, cut into chunks
- 1 big bell pepper, chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 20 oz. pineapple, cut into chunks
- 1/4 cup coconut aminos
- 1/4 cup fresh pineapple juice
- 1 thumb size knob of ginger, minced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1tbsp. tapioca starch (optional)
- Cooking fat
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Melt some cooking fat in a large skillet placed over a high heat.
- Stir-fry the pork for about 5 minutes, remove from the heat, and set aside.
- Add the garlic, ginger, and onion to the skillet and cook until fragrant (about 2 minutes).
- Add the bell pepper and pineapple to the skillet and cook until it starts to soften, but is still crunchy.
- Pour in the coconut aminos and the pineapple juice.
- Return the pork to the skillet and stir until everything is well coated and heated through.
- If needed, stir in some tapioca starch to thicken the sauce.