- Preparation time
- 15 mins
- Cooking time
- 25 mins
- 4 people
- March 14, 2016
It’s just like the ginger beef you used to get from the takeout menu…if that ginger beef got a healthy makeover, skipped on the mystery oils, and added a healthy dose of mushrooms and leafy greens for extra color and nutrition. So in other words, it’s really not like the ginger beef you used to get from the takeout menu: it’s better.Print
Ginger, Beef, and Mushroom Stir-fry Recipe
- 1 lb. thinly sliced flank steak or sirloin, cut into thin strips;
- 2 garlic cloves, minced;
- 8 oz. cremini mushrooms, sliced;
- 4 oz. shiitake mushrooms, halved;
- 3 cups rapini (broccoli rabe) or kale, chopped;
- Cooking fat;
- 3/4 cup beef stock;
- 3 Tbsp. rice wine vinegar (yes, it’s Paleo; there’s no actual rice in it);
- 1 thumb size ginger, minced;
- 1 garlic clove, minced;
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper;
- Add all the marinade ingredients to a bowl and whisk to combine.
- Add the steak to the marinade, gently toss to combine, and refrigerate for at least 15 minutes.
- Heat some cooking fat in a large saut? pan placed over a medium-high heat.
- Remove the steak from the marinade, reserving the marinade.
- Add the steak and the garlic to the pan and saut? for 3 to 4 minutes.
- Remove the steak and set aside.
- Add the mushrooms, kale, and reserved marinade, and cook for another 3 to 4 minutes.
- Return the steak to the skillet and stir to combine.
- Serve immediately.