- Preparation time
- 10 mins
- Cooking time
- 25 mins
- Easy Recipes
- 4 people
- March 13, 2016
Oven-roasted mushrooms are extra delicious a rich, creamy pan sauce – it’s like the Paleo-vegetarian version of meatballs in cream sauce. This would be a lovely filling dish to make if you’re expecting any vegetarian guests (or modify it for vegans by replacing the butter with another type of cooking fat).Print
Creamy Garlic Mushrooms Recipe
- 16 oz. mushrooms, wiped clean, and stems trimmed;
- 4 garlic cloves, minced;
- 1/2 cup coconut cream;
- 2 fresh thyme sprigs;
- 2 tbsp. clarified butter or other cooking fat;
- 2 tbsp. olive oil;
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper;
- Preheat your oven to 375 F.
- Melt cooking fat in a skillet over medium heat.
- Add the garlic to skillet and cook for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add the thyme sprigs and cook for another minute.
- Place the mushrooms, cap side down, on top of the thyme and garlic.
- Season the mushrooms to taste with sea salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Drizzle with the olive oil and roast in the oven for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Remove the skillet from the oven and place back on the stovetop over low heat.
- Pour in the coconut milk and continue cooking over low heat until warm, scraping up the fond (the little browned bits) from the bottom of the pan.
- Remove the thyme sprig and serve warm.