- March 19, 2016
Pressure Cooker Ribs With Creamy Coleslaw Recipe.
Enjoy these finger licking ribs and creamy coleslaw and forget that you were ever on a “diet”.
Pressure Cooker Ribs With Creamy Coleslaw Recipe
- 2.5 lbs. baby back ribs
- 1 tsp. onion powder
- 3/4 tsp. black pepper
- 1/2 tsp. paprika
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. dry mustard
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp. chili powder
- 2 slices bacon, finely chopped
- 1/2 onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3/4 cup tomato sauce
- 6 oz. tomato paste
- 1/2 cup all natural apple juice
- 1/4 cup + 1 tbsp coconut aminos
- 1/3 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 tsp. smoked paprika
- 1/2 tsp. cayenne pepper
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tbsp cooking fat
- 3 cups green cabbage, shredded (about 1?2 of a head)
- 1 cup red cabbage, shredded (about 1?4 of a head)
- 2 carrots, shredded
- 2 green onions, finely chopped
- 1 cup raisins
- 2 1/2 tsp caraway seeds
- 3/4 cup homemade mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- Sea salt and pepper to taste
Ingredients for the BBQ sauce
Ingredients for the coleslaw
- Add the cabbage, carrots, green onions, and raisins to a large mixing bowl.
- In a separate smaller bowl, combine the caraway seeds, mayonnaise, apple cider vinegar, salt and pepper.
- Add the dressing to the cabbage and vegetables and stir to combine.
- Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Next make the dry rub for the ribs by mixing together the onion powder, black pepper, paprika, salt, dry mustard, garlic powder, and chili powder.
- Cut the ribs into slabs or individual pieces so they fit inside the pressure cooker. Stacking them is okay, so in most cases cutting the racks into thirds should be enough. Coat the ribs all over with the dry rub.
- Add the minimum amount of water needed for the pressure cooker (consult the manual), add the cooking rack, and then place the ribs inside, stacking them loosely. Place the lid on the pressure cooker and cook at high pressure for 15 minutes. Meanwhile, make the bbq sauce by heating the cooking fat in a saut? pan over a medium heat.
- Once hot add the bacon and cook until crisp.
- Next add the garlic and onion and saut? for 5 minutes, or until the onions soften. Add the remaining ingredients for the bbq sauce and stir well.
- Bring to a boil, then reduce the heat and let simmer for 5-10 minutes.
- Once the ribs have cooked for 15 minutes, carefully release the pressure and remove the lid. Transfer the ribs to a plate. Remove the cooking rack and discard of any liquid from the cooking pot.
- Add some bbq sauce to the bottom of the pressure cooker, enough to cover, then add a layer of ribs, add more sauce, then another layer of ribs and so on so the ribs are stacked and all covered in sauce.
- Return the lid to the pressure cooker and cook on high pressure for another 10 minutes.
- After 10 minutes release the pressure and transfer the ribs to a serving plate.
- Serve warm with the coleslaw on the side.