- Preparation time
- 10 mins
- Cooking time
- 320 mins
- 4 people
- February 7, 2016
Creamy Tomato Slow-Cooker Chicken
Spend ten minutes assembling these ingredients in the morning, and come home to a ready-to-eat chicken dinner. It’s delicious served over pasta, rice or quinoa.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts (about 1 1/4 lb)
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon dried basil leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano leaves
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 jar (15 oz) Alfredo sauce
- 1 can (14.5 oz) diced tomatoes, drained
- 1 can (8 oz) tomato sauce
- 1 box (12 oz) uncooked pasta (such as penne or mostaccioli)
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1/2 cup shredded Italian cheese blend (2 oz), if desired
- Spray 3- to 4-quart slow cooker with cooking spray. Arrange chicken in bottom of slow cooker. Top with garlic, basil, oregano and pepper.
- In separate bowl, stir together Alfredo sauce, tomatoes and tomato sauce until well combined. Pour mixture over chicken.
- Cover; cook on Low heat setting 5 to 6 hours.
- Ten to 15 minutes before serving time, cook pasta as directed on package. In small bowl, stir together cornstarch and water; stir into mixture in slow cooker. Increase heat setting to High; cook uncovered 5 to 10 minutes longer.
- Serve chicken with pasta; top with cheese.