- Preparation time
- 15 mins
- Cooking time
- 25 mins
- 2 people
- April 1, 2016
Oriental beef stir-fry.
Quick and easy to prepare and packed full of flavour and tasty veg, this recipe is perfect if you want a healthy meal pronto.
Oriental beef stir-fry
- 2 tsp vegetable oil
- 400g lean beef steak (rump or sirloin)
- 4 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 yellow or red peppers deseeded and sliced
- 200g broccoli, cut into small florets
- 4 spring onions, sliced
- 2 pak choi (bok choy), sliced
- 1 small tin (200g) water chestnuts, drained and sliced
- 2 tbsp oyster sauce
- Heat the oil in a non-stick frying pan or wok. Trim any fat from the steak, cut into thin strips and add to the pan.
- Stir-fry for 1–2 minutes to seal, add the garlic, peppers, broccoli florets and spring onions, along with 2 tbsp water.
- Stir fry for 3 minutes, add the pak choi, water chestnuts and oyster sauce. Allow to heat through thoroughly and serve immediately.