- Easy Recipes
- March 17, 2016
Pulled Pork Stuffed Sweet Potatoes Recipe.
Fried onions would be a tasty side for these (especially if you have some tasty bacon fat to fry them in). And of course, you don’t actually have to make the pulled pork from scratch: if you have some left over from another recipe, you can just bake the potatoes and bring on the BBQ sauce. That makes it a fast and easy weeknight dinner and a great way to give leftovers a new life.Print
Pulled Pork Stuffed Sweet Potatoes Recipe
- 2 lbs. boneless pork loin;
- 4 large sweet potatoes, washed;
- 1 red onion, thinly sliced;
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced;
- 2 garlic cloves, minced;
- 1/2 cup beef stock;
- 1 tsp. chili powder;
- 1 tsp. paprika;
- 1/2 tsp. ground cumin;
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar;
- 1 cup homemade BBQ sauce;
- In a small bowl, combine the chili powder, cumin, paprika, and salt and pepper to taste.
- Rub the mixture evenly over the pork.
- Place the onion, garlic, pork, and beef broth in a slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on low for 8 hours.
- Preheat your oven to 400 F.
- Put the sweet potatoes in the oven and bake for 45 minutes, or until potatoes are tender.
- Remove the meat from the slow cooker and place in a large bowl. Use a slotted spoon to remove the onion chunks and place in the same bowl as the pork. Using two forks, pull the meat apart.
- Add the BBQ sauce and the apple cider vinegar to the slow-cooker, and cook the sauce for another 30 minutes.
- Slit each sweet potato down the middle.
- Fill each sweet potato with the pulled pork. Sprinkle with green onions, and drizzle with extra BBQ sauce to serve.