- March 20, 2016
Pork Tenderloin With Cranberries.
This festive dinner is a perfect solution if you want something with cranberry sauce but don’t actually have time to make the sauce as well as the main dish: it’s a roasted pork tenderloin with a sweet-tart cranberry topping cooked right in same pan! The cranberries add color and flavor, not to mention plenty of nutritional value (notably Vitamin C and other antioxidants).Print
Pork Tenderloin With Cranberries
- 2 x 1 lb. pork tenderloins;
- 1 1/2 cup fresh or frozen cranberries;
- 2 tsp. ground cinnamon;
- 1 onion, finely chopped;
- 2 cloves garlic, minced;
- 1/4 cup raw honey; (optional)
- 2 tbsp. cooking fat;
- 3/4 cup chicken stock;
- 1 tbsp. olive oil;
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper;
- Preheat your oven to 375 F.
- Combine the cinnamon and the olive oil in a bowl.
- Brush the tenderloins with the cinnamon mixture and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Melt some cooking fat and brown the tenderloins in an ovenproof skillet placed over a medium-high heat. Transfer the browned tenderloins to a plate and set aside.
- In the same skillet, brown the onion and garlic.
- Add the remaining ingredients and bring to a boil, scraping the bottom of the skillet to get all the browned bits into the sauce.
- Return the tenderloins to the skillet.
- Place in the oven and roast for 15 to 20 minutes, or to desired doneness.
- Serve the pork with the cranberries.