- Preparation time
- 15 mins
- Cooking time
- 40 mins
- 6 people
- May 15, 2016
Chicken Cheese Enchiladas.
Boring chicken breasts? Guess again! This chicken got wrapped and rolled in tasty favorites.
Chicken Cheese Enchiladas
- 1 (1-oz.) pkg. Old El Paso™ Taco Seasoning Mix
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 lb. boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite-sized pieces or strips
- 12 oz. (3 cups) shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 (15-oz.) container ricotta cheese
- 1 (4.5-oz.) can Old El Paso™ Chopped Green Chiles
- 1 egg
- 1 (16-oz.) jar Old El Paso™ Thick 'n Chunky Salsa
- 1 (10.5-oz.) pkg. (12 tortillas) Old El Paso™ Flour Tortillas for Soft Tacos & Fajitas
- Heat oven to 350°F. In resealable food storage plastic bag, combine taco seasoning mix, oil and 1/4 cup of the water; seal bag and mix well. Add chicken pieces; turn to mix. Refrigerate 5 minutes or up to 12 hours.
- In medium bowl, combine 2 1/2 cups of the Monterey Jack cheese, cilantro, salt, ricotta cheese, chiles and egg; mix well.
- Heat large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat until hot. Add chicken with marinade; cook and stir 5 to 10 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink in center.
- In ungreased 13x9-inch (3-quart) glass baking dish, combine 1/2 cup of the salsa and remaining 1/4 cup water; mix well. Spread evenly in bottom of baking dish. Spoon 1/3 cup cheese mixture down center of each tortilla. Top with chicken; roll up. Place filled tortillas, seam side down, over salsa mixture in baking dish. Drizzle enchiladas with remaining salsa. Sprinkle with remaining 1/2 cup Monterey Jack cheese.
- Bake at 350°F. for 20 to 25 minutes or until cheese is melted.