- Preparation time
- 50 mins
- Cooking time
- 50 mins
- 5 people
- May 5, 2016
Cinco de Mayo Glazed Chicken Wings.
Green chilies and taco seasoning add the piquant flavor but it is the lemon-lime carbonated beverage that adds the sweetness to these chicken wings.Print
Cinco de Mayo Glazed Chicken Wings
- 1 tablespoon canola or vegetable oil
- 2 1/2 lb chicken wings, cut apart at joints, wing tips discarded
- 2 medium green onions, thinly sliced including tops (about 2 tablespoons)
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 cans (12 oz each) lemon-lime carbonated beverage
- 1 can (4.5 oz) Old El Paso™ chopped green chiles, drained
- 1 package (1 oz) Old El Paso™ taco seasoning mix
- 10 lettuce leaves, if desired
- In 12-inch nonstick skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add chicken wings and onions; sprinkle with pepper flakes. Cook uncovered 5 to 8 minutes, stirring occasionally, until browned; drain.
- Stir in carbonated beverage, green chiles and taco seasoning mix. Increase heat to high; cook uncovered 15 minutes, stirring occasionally. Reduce heat to medium-high; cook 5 to 10 minutes, stirring frequently, until chicken wings are completely glazed, small amount of glaze remains in skillet and juice of chicken is clear when thickest part is cut to bone (180°F).
- To serve, line serving plate with lettuce; arrange chicken wings over lettuce. Serve immediately.