- Preparation time
- 20 mins
- Cooking time
- 55 mins
- 4 people
- May 15, 2016
Mexican Stuffed Chicken Breasts.
Get dinner on the table fast with these easy, cheesy Mexican stuffed chicken breasts.Print
Mexican Stuffed Chicken Breasts
- 1 cup shredded pepper Jack cheese (4 oz)
- 4 oz cream cheese, softened
- 1 can (4.5 oz) Old El Paso™ chopped green chiles
- 1 package (1 oz) Old El Paso™ taco seasoning mix
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts (6 to 8 oz each)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3/4 cup shredded mozzarella cheese (3 oz)
- 1/4 cup sliced green onions (4 medium)
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro leaves
- Heat oven to 400°F. Line large, rimmed sheet pan with foil. Place wire rack on top of foil. Spray with cooking spray.
- In medium bowl, mix pepper Jack cheese, cream cheese, chiles and 1 tablespoon of the taco seasoning mix. In thick side of each chicken breast, cut 3-inch-long pocket to within 1/4 inch of opposite side of breast. Spoon about 1/3 cup cheese mixture into pocket in each chicken breast. Secure with toothpicks.
- In small bowl, mix remaining taco seasoning mix and the olive oil. Place chicken on rack; brush with oil mixture.
- Roast uncovered 25 to 30 minutes or until stuffing reaches internal temperature of 160°F. Top chicken breasts with mozzarella cheese; bake 3 to 5 minutes or until cheese is melted. Top each breast with green onions and cilantro.