- Preparation time
- 15 mins
- Cooking time
- 50 mins
- 4 people
- April 29, 2016
Pesto-Stuffed Chicken Breasts.
Enjoy your favorite summer flavors any time of year with these easy stuffed caprese chicken breasts.Print
Pesto-Stuffed Chicken Breasts
- 1/2 cup basil pesto
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese (2 oz)
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts (6 to 8 oz each)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 can (14.5 oz) Muir Glen™ organic fire roasted diced tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 4 oz fresh mozzarella cheese, cut into 4 slices
- Heat oven to 400°F. Line large, rimmed sheet pan with foil. Place wire rack on top of foil. Spray with cooking spray.
- In small bowl, mix pesto and Parmesan cheese. In thick side of each chicken breast, cut 3-inch-long pocket to within 1/4 inch of opposite side of breast. Spoon about 2 rounded tablespoons pesto mixture into pocket in each chicken breast. Brush olive oil on both sides of chicken, and place on rack. Sprinkle with salt.
- Roast uncovered 25 to 30 minutes or until chicken is cooked through and stuffing in chicken reaches internal temperature of 160°F.
- Meanwhile, in 1 1/2-quart saucepan, heat tomatoes to a simmer over medium heat. Reduce heat to medium-low, and cook 7 to 8 minutes, pressing with wooden spoon to break down tomatoes, until sauce thickens. Remove from heat; cover pan to keep warm.
- Brush chicken breasts with balsamic vinegar; top with mozzarella cheese. Bake 3 to 5 minutes or until cheese is melted. Top with tomato sauce.