- Preparation time
- 30 mins
- Cooking time
- 30 mins
- 3 people
- May 16, 2016
Tuna, Tomato and Mozzarella Salad.
Relish this Italian-inspired tuna salad packed with mozzarella cheese, tomato and basil – a mild dinner made ready in 30 minutes.
Tuna, Tomato and Mozzarella Salad
- 1/2 lb. tuna steaks
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 small garlic clove, minced
- 3 large Italian plum tomatoes, sliced lengthwise
- 4 oz. fresh mozzarella cheese, sliced
- 2 tablespoons purchased balsamic vinaigrette
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- Heat grill. Drizzle both sides of tuna steaks with oil; rub with garlic. Let stand at room temperature for 15 minutes to marinate.
- Meanwhile, arrange tomato slices around outside edge of large serving plate or platter. Arrange cheese slices inside ring of tomatoes, overlapping tomatoes slightly. Drizzle with vinaigrette; sprinkle with basil. Set aside.
- When ready to grill, place tuna on gas grill over medium heat or on charcoal grill 4 to 6 inches from medium coals. Cook 8 to 10 minutes or until fish flakes easily with fork. Do not turn tuna. Flake fish into chunks; arrange in center of tomatoes and cheese on platter.