- March 11, 2016
Hamburger Salad Recipe.
If you’re craving a burger, there are plenty of Paleo bun options, from lettuce wraps to mushrooms to all kinds of recipes made with nut flours and other Paleo-friendly alternatives. But another way to get the same flavor without the fuss of a bun at all is to simply turn your hamburger into a salad.Print
Hamburger Salad Recipe
- 1 lb. ground beef sirloin
- 1 large sweet onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 large head romaine lettuce, chopped
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, chopped
- Dill pickle, sliced
- Cooking fat
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
Ingredients for the dressing
- 4 tbsp. homemade mayonnaise
- 2 tbsp. homemade ketchup
- 2 tsp. water
- 1 tsp. white balsamic vinegar
- 1 tbsp. minced pickle
- 1 tbsp. white onion, minced
- Melt some cooking fat in a skillet placed over a medium heat.
- Add the onion and garlic, and cook until fragrant (about 2 minutes).
- Add the ground beef, season to taste, and cook for about 7 to 8 minutes or until browned, stirring frequently.
- Remove meat from the stove and let it cool down.
- In a bowl, combine all the ingredients for the dressing and mix well.
- In a large bowl, combine all the ingredients for the salad and toss gently.
- Drizzle the dressing on top and serve.