- March 11, 2016
Skirt Steaks With Fresh Mango Salsa Recipe.
Juicy grilled steak is even better with some extra heat from chili powder, paprika, and coffee – if you’ve never tried a coffee rub on your steaks before, now’s the perfect time to give it a shot. It’s a grilling favorite for a reason: the coffee adds an extra depth that goes perfectly with the spicier chili flavor. (On the other hand, if you’re sensitive to caffeine or just don’t like coffee, it’s also fine to leave the coffee out.)
- 2 x 1 1/2 lb. skirt steaks;
- 2 tbsp. chili powder;
- 1 tbsp. ground coffee; (optional)
- 1/2 tbsp. paprika;
- zest of 1 lime;
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste;
- 3 mangoes, diced;
- 1 bell pepper, diced;
- 1/2 red onion, diced;
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and minced;
- 1/4 cup lime juice;
- 1/4 cup packed cilantro leaves, chopped;
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper;
- Preheat your grill to high.
- Mix the chilli powder, ground coffee, paprika, lime zest, sea salt, and black pepper in a bowl.
- Rub the steaks with the coffee mixture and let rest for 20 minutes.
- In a large bowl, combine all the ingredients for the mango salsa, and chill.
- Grill the steaks on the preheated grill for 5 to 6 minutes per side, or until they reach your desired doneness.
- Let the steaks rest for about 5 minutes, and slice.
- Serve the sliced steak with the mango salsa.