- Easy Recipes
- April 2, 2016
Chicken escalope with garlic and parsley sauce.
Jazz up plain chicken with this easy and delicious sauce that’s ready in minutes.
Chicken escalope with garlic and parsley sauce
- 1 large skinless boneless chicken breast (approx 220g)
- 2 tsp rapeseed oil
- 4 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 spring onion, finely chopped
- 25g fresh parsley, finely chopped
- good pinch pepper
- juice of 1/2 lemon
- 1 tbsp 0% fat Greek yogurt
- Place the chicken breast between pieces of cling film and bash with a mallet/rolling pin to make a flat escalope, approx. 4-5mm thick. Then divide into 2 equal portions.
- Brush the chicken breast pieces with 1 tsp of the oil. Place on a hot frying or griddle pan and cook on each side for 2-3 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a small pan heat the remaining tsp oil and add the garlic and leeks and cook for 2 minutes until the onions are soft. Then add the parsley and stir for 1 minute.
- Add the pepper, lemon juice and 1 tbsp water. Stir in the yogurt.
- Put the chicken on a plate and serve with the sauce.