- Cooking time
- 150 mins
- 12 people
- February 28, 2016
Leg of pork with ginger and roasted garlic.
This multi-functional leg. It can be the main dish of the festive table. Can serve a family dinner for 2-3 nights in a row. And, lastly, cold is fine he will replace you with any purchase sausage or pork.
- sea salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- Cayenne pepper – 0,25-0,5 tsp
- leg of pork with fat in one piece – 2-2,5 kg
- Szechuan peppercorns (optional) – 1 tsp
- ginger powder – 1 tsp
- large garlic cloves – 6 pcs.
- fresh ginger root 8-10 cm
- lime – 2 pcs.
- Cut away from the fat on the ham 6 pieces of size 1.5 x 1.5 cm. If too much fat, cut it so that the ham has a layer thickness of not more than 1.5 cm.
- Fresh ginger peel and finely chop. Limes with a fine grater remove the zest. Squeeze the juice. Sichuan pepper mash in a mortar.
- Half the zest and all the juice, mix with minced ginger. Add about 3/4 tsp salt and half of the Szechuan pepper.
- Ginger powder mix with remaining Sichuan pepper, Cayenne pepper and remaining zest. Add salt and black pepper.
- Place ham on work surface fat up. Feed the ham with a mixture of fresh ginger as follows: stick a knife with a thin blade to a depth of 5-7 cm and without removing the knife, turn it 90°. Formed near the knife hole utrambovyvaya ginger a lot, then remove the knife and cover the hole, smoothing the surface with your fingers.
- Nafarshirovav the entire piece, lightly cut the fat mesh. RUB ham with spicy mixture. Cloves of garlic peel from the top layer of dry skin, without investigating into slices. In the center place a slice of fat ham. Wrap each head separately in foil, not too tightly.
- Preheat a large non-stick pan (without oil) over high heat. Put ham fat up and propecia the lower part of the piece, about 4 min. Then put the ham on a baking sheet mounted in the grill fat up. Put the pan in a preheated 240 °C oven (if the oven has a grill mode, enable it too). Bake for 25 min.
- Then reduce the oven temperature to 180°C, pour into the pan 1.5 cups of water. Near the ham place the garlic cloves in foil. Bake the ham 20 minutes for every 500 g. That is, a piece of ham weighing 2.5 kg will be baked 2500 : 500 = 5 x 20 min = 100 min = 1 h 40 min.
- Remove the ham from the oven, loosely cover with a sheet of foil, let stand 20 min. and serve hot with roasted garlic, or cool completely and serve cold