- Cooking time
- 15 mins
- 6 people
- February 27, 2016
Warm salad of mashed potatoes with chorizo.
A rough-and-ready salad bursting with Mediterranean flavours – great as a starter or main.
Warm salad of mashed potatoes with chorizo
- Apple cider vinegar – 2 tbsp
- olive oil – 0.5 cups
- 1 tbsp chopped green onions
- 125 ml natural yoghurt
- 1 tsp of crushed leaves of rosemary
- 1 tsp finely chopped parsley
- salt, ground black pepper
- 200 g thinly sliced chorizo sausage
- 1,5 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 kg of potatoes – floury, high starch content
- Peel the potatoes, cut into large pieces, put them in a large pot, cover with cold water, bring to boil, loosely cover and cook until soft, 15-20 minutes.
- Meanwhile whisk in a bowl the yogurt, vinegar and mustard, add the rosemary, season with salt and pepper to taste. Continuing to whisk, pour a thin stream into the dressing olive oil (except 1 tsp).
- The finished potatoes drain in a colander, again put in a pot and dry over medium heat for 30 sec., then mash. Pour in puree half the filling, add the onion and parsley, mix and season to taste.
- The remaining oil in a frying pan and fry it sliced strips of width 1.5 cm chorizo sausage, 1 min.
- Spread puree on a dish in the center to make a recess, pour into it the remaining dressing. Lay on the surface of the slices of sausage, sprinkle with parsley. Serve warm.