- Preparation time
- 30 mins
- Cooking time
- 90 mins
- 15 people
- February 11, 2016
Strawberry Shortcake Squares.
Try a no-fuss way to make a classic strawberry dessert that serves a crowd of 15.Print
Strawberry Shortcake Squares
- 3 cups Original Bisquick™ mix
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 1 cup milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 1 package (8 oz) cream cheese, softened
- 1/3 cup powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 6 cups sliced fresh strawberries (about 2 lb)
- Heat oven to 350°F. Grease bottom and sides of 13×9-inch pan with shortening; lightly flour (or spray pan with baking spray with flour). In large bowl, beat cake ingredients with electric mixer on low speed 30 seconds, scraping bowl occasionally. Pour into pan.
- Bake 30 to 35 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool completely, about 1 hour.
- In chilled small bowl, beat whipping cream on high speed until soft peaks form; set aside. In medium bowl, beat cream cheese, powdered sugar and vanilla on medium speed until well blended. Fold in whipped cream.
- Frost top of cooled cake with whipped cream mixture. If desired, frosted cake can be refrigerated up to 6 hours. To serve, cut cake into squares; place on individual dessert plates. Top with strawberries.